- 2015.12.19 Goodbye Uncle Leonard
- 2015.12.19 BBF Christmas Bash
- 2015.12.16 Pat Visits the Cains
- 2015.12.13 Monica's Christmas Drop In
- 2015.11.28 Living With a Musician
- 2015.11.22 An Evening Of Music
- 2015.11.15 A Visit With Pat and Howard
- 2015.11.03 Winterizing Our fifth Wheel
- 2015.10.31 BBF Halloween Bash
- 2015.10.17 Mike Nagoda at The Brooklynn
- 2015.10.15 Mike Nagoda at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.10.07 First Vybe.Meet
- 2015.09.26 Adventures with cats and dogs
- 2015.09.19 Visiting Charlene and Bryan
- 2015.09.03 Camping in St-Philippe
- 2015.08.29 Bootleggers at Toronto Island
- 2015.08.27 Mike Nagoda at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.08.17 Emptying Our House
- 2015.08.14 Mike Nagoda's Demo Recording
- 2015.08.09 Bootleggers at The Tennessee
- 2015.08.05 Upgrading Our Ram 1500
- 2015.07.28 Our visit with Pat and Bryan
- 2015.07.25 Mike Nagoda At London Pride
- 2015.07.21 Spectrum Blues at the Local
- 2015.07.09 Spectrum Blues at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.07.04 Frank's Birthday
- 2015.06.29 Canada Day Camping
- 2015.06.20 Bootleggers at the Toronto Islands
- 2015.06.07 Fun In Tennessee
- 2015.06.06 Trip to the Toronto Islands
- 2015.05.31 The Bootlegger Band start playing
- 2015.05.23 D'Arcy Joins The Bootlegger Band
- 2015.05.13 Our Wedding Anniversary
- 2015.05.01 George Pliakes at Harbour Club
- 2015.04.22 Celebrating with Bridget Taylor
- 2015.03.14 BBF Saint Patrick's
- 2015.03.04 Scott Cushnie at Leslie Jones
- 2015.02.15 Cain's Cold Night
- 2015.02.12 Vex Staff Dinner
- 2015.01.31 Norma Finishes Marathon
- 2015.01.13 My Last Visit to Sunnybrook
- 2015.01.11 Mary Garden's Drop-In
- 2015.01.03 OCC Meeting
- 2015.01.01 The Merging of Two Companies
- 2015.01.01 Recap of 2014
2015.06.29 Canada Day Camping
Last updated: None
We took nearly all day to get to Fitzroy Provincial Park in Ottawa where we had been told that there would be water to hook out trailer to but there was none, just power. We started on our given lot of 93 then D'Arcy was told by the office lot 49 would have water but our hose couldn't reach so back to 93 where we hooked up power. D'Arcy found that backing into the lot in the dark was a challenge. Although Fitzroy Provincial Park was very clean we did not stay.
We woke up next day and found another campground on line called Poplar Grove Camp/RV Park also near Ottawa and very clean. It was much better setting up in the daytime. We were in the area called Shady Lane 268.
If you look at the picture of our bathroom sink you will see it overflowing with suds. We were flushing the antifreeze out and presto! It seems that the type of anti-freeze used in drinking lines foams up.
We went to an open jam at a bar called Newfoundland pub on Montreal Road. D'Arcy brought his guitar and harps. It was funny that we traveled 500 miles and as we entered the jam we knew people there. Small world isn't it? They all made us feel welcome as if we had walked into a jam in Toronto where everyone knows us. They all enjoyed jamming with D'Arcy. As usual I took pictures.
The next day we went to Stittsville to visit my brother Robert, his lovely wife Laura, their kids and their dogs. I always enjoy seeing family members. Laura's family was there. They put on a lovely spread. We spent a lovely afternoon. Laura's family made sure their big toes were ready for Canada Day. They all had the Canadian flag painted on their big toes.
We had been invited back to the Newfoundland pub the night before so we headed down again. This time D'Arcy brought his bass. It was a special occasion because Rob, the second guitar player, was going away.
The next day we woke had breakfast in our trailer then we went to the nearest Tim Hortons to use their WiFi since the campground's WiFi wasn't able to reach the back where our site was. Since we were there for a while we made sure we bought a great coffee and tea and two of their yummy muffins. Then we went shopping. We went to Swiss Chalet for supper. After a tiring day we got back to our camp and went swimming in the indoor pool.
Shockingly I did not take a single picture all day. In fact I brought my camera out with us but forgot my camera battery and the chip in my laptop. I did not think of my camera all day.