- 2015.12.19 Goodbye Uncle Leonard
- 2015.12.19 BBF Christmas Bash
- 2015.12.16 Pat Visits the Cains
- 2015.12.13 Monica's Christmas Drop In
- 2015.11.28 Living With a Musician
- 2015.11.22 An Evening Of Music
- 2015.11.15 A Visit With Pat and Howard
- 2015.11.03 Winterizing Our fifth Wheel
- 2015.10.31 BBF Halloween Bash
- 2015.10.17 Mike Nagoda at The Brooklynn
- 2015.10.15 Mike Nagoda at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.10.07 First Vybe.Meet
- 2015.09.26 Adventures with cats and dogs
- 2015.09.19 Visiting Charlene and Bryan
- 2015.09.03 Camping in St-Philippe
- 2015.08.29 Bootleggers at Toronto Island
- 2015.08.27 Mike Nagoda at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.08.17 Emptying Our House
- 2015.08.14 Mike Nagoda's Demo Recording
- 2015.08.09 Bootleggers at The Tennessee
- 2015.08.05 Upgrading Our Ram 1500
- 2015.07.28 Our visit with Pat and Bryan
- 2015.07.25 Mike Nagoda At London Pride
- 2015.07.21 Spectrum Blues at the Local
- 2015.07.09 Spectrum Blues at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.07.04 Frank's Birthday
- 2015.06.29 Canada Day Camping
- 2015.06.20 Bootleggers at the Toronto Islands
- 2015.06.07 Fun In Tennessee
- 2015.06.06 Trip to the Toronto Islands
- 2015.05.31 The Bootlegger Band start playing
- 2015.05.23 D'Arcy Joins The Bootlegger Band
- 2015.05.13 Our Wedding Anniversary
- 2015.05.01 George Pliakes at Harbour Club
- 2015.04.22 Celebrating with Bridget Taylor
- 2015.03.14 BBF Saint Patrick's
- 2015.03.04 Scott Cushnie at Leslie Jones
- 2015.02.15 Cain's Cold Night
- 2015.02.12 Vex Staff Dinner
- 2015.01.31 Norma Finishes Marathon
- 2015.01.13 My Last Visit to Sunnybrook
- 2015.01.11 Mary Garden's Drop-In
- 2015.01.03 OCC Meeting
- 2015.01.01 The Merging of Two Companies
- 2015.01.01 Recap of 2014
2015.07.28 Our visit with Pat and Bryan
Last updated: None
We were getting a bit hungry so off to A&W but when we saw the drive through and thought our 30 ft travel trailer will never make those turns we decided to park right in front of the door.
Off To Severn Falls to visit our friends Bryan Challenger and his wonderful wife Pat, and to be their next door neighbours for a few days. Pat and Bryan have a lovely cottage with a lovely lake view.
Bryan used to be a client of D'Arcy's company Vex.Net he worked for ACI.
We arrived and they took us out for for a lovely supper at Waubic's, a restaurant only accessible by water. But before we got in their boat D'Arcy said he would be more comfortable if I wore a life jacket because I can't swim there was no problem there because Bryan and Pat had a lot of life jackets. Then off we went up the Severn River where we saw different cottages and boathouses then we docked at Waubic's Restaurant where Pat had a nice chicken salad and the rest of us had fish and chips. Bryan the small fish but D'Arcy and I had the big fish so big it was hanging off the plates. D'Arcy called it "Whale and chips."
Wednesday we woke and D'Arcy did some computer work and I checked Vybe. D'Arcy got a cup of coffee brought to our trailer door by our next door neighbour (Bryan). We had cereal for breakfast and then we all went swimming. Since I had a hard time walking and I can't swim Bryan put a chair in the shallow part and I sat there with my feet in the water.
We all got into his car and went to The Big Chute where there is a Marine Railway that moves boats from one lake to another at different levels. It is part of the Trent-Severn Waterway system. It works by dipping into the water at each end so that boats can drive on. It then goes on a double set of rails that keeps the boat carrier level all the way up and down.
We also visited Tim's Mom, his sister Anne and Sandro. Tim used to work with D'Arcy and Anne was and is our customer.
We all went to the convenience store to buy meat and yams for the Sheppard pie we were making for Pat and Bryan to thank then for their hospitality. Bryan said that we made good neighbours.
On Thursday D'Arcy and Bryan decided to see if the could repair our awning of our trailer. They managed to get it working.
Then D'Arcy brought his guitar and amp down to the docks and had a sing along. Pat and I decided on songs like "Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay" and "Smoke On The Water" among others. Then we went to make our shepherd pie and Pat made a Salad and we ate it at the docks near the water and listened to more music from D'Arcy. But evening got spoiled when the pesky bugs came.
Then we met Sarah and baby Ryan who arrived later. At that point we lost Grandma Pat. Grandkids trump visitors.
The day we left we had breakfast at Pat and Bryan's house. Bryan called it their bed and breakfast but D'Arcy noted that we had to being our own bed.
D'Arcy had already hooked up the trailer so after breakfast we said our goodbyes and headed back to Toronto tired but happy.