- 2017.06.21 Visiting our Trailer and Monica
- 2017.06.11 Visiting Family In Ottawa
- 2017.06.09 BSDCan 2017 in Ottawa Ontario
- 2017.05.19 Our Honeymoon in New York
- 2017.05.13 Celebrating 45 Years of Marrage
- 2017.04.30 Two Fours play Reunion
- 2017.04.28 Last Jam at the Peppery Cat
- 2017.04.10 Mom's Funeral
- 2017.03.31 Goodbye Mom
- 2017.03.28 Happy Birthday George Elvis
- 2017.03.27 Carol Turns Sixty-Seven
- 2017.03.26 Frank Cosentino's Birthday
- 2017.03.18 BBF Saint Patrick's Day
- 2017.03.04 Mike Nagoda at Peppery Cat
- 2017.02.25 BBF Birthday Celebration
- 2017.01.29 Mike Nagoda at The Linsmore Tavern
- 2017.01.13 Goodbye George Tratt
- 2017.01.01 Recap of 2016
- 2016.12.30 Company Luncheon
- 2016.12.29 Cain Gang Christmas Dinner
- 2016.12.25 Cains Join Mayocks For Christmas
- 2016.12.18 Cain's Night Out
- 2016.12.17 Santa visits Leslieville Pop-Up Market
- 2016.12.17 Beaches Blues Fest Christmas Bash
- 2016.12.15 Goodbye Brian Cober - 1956 to 2016
- 2016.12.12 Winterizing Our Trailer
- 2016.12.02 New Orleans Trip Part 2
- 2016.11.27 New Orleans Trip Part 1
- 2016.11.26 Getting ready for New Orleans
- 2016.11.25 Mike Nagoda at Markham House
- 2016.11.20 The Making of Outside the Box
- 2016.11.18 Tribute To Brian Cober
- 2016.11.04 Happy 75th LeRoy St Germaine
- 2016.10.30 Mike Nagoda at The Linsmore Tavern
- 2016.10.29 Beach Blues Fest Halloween Bash
- 2016.10.20 Happy Eighty-Eighth Birthday Mom
- 2016.10.01 Goodbye Donn Woods -1948 to 2016
- 2016.09.20 D'Arcy and I Started a Family Tree
- 2016.09.17 Stephanie's Open House
- 2016.09.17 Goodbye Gerald King
- 2016.09.11 D'Arcy plays bass at Grossman's
- 2016.09.04 D'Arcy's 66th Birthday
- 2016.08.30 Mike Nagoda at 120 Diner
- 2016.08.14 D'Arcy Joins the Midnight Riders
- 2016.07.23 Royce Gets Christened
- 2016.07.23 Mike Nagoda At London Pride
- 2016.07.02 Painting the Pin of Our Trailer
- 2016.06.20 Photographer gets New Camera
- 2016.06.13 Visiting Montreal
- 2016.06.10 BSDCan 2016 in Ottawa Ontario
- 2016.06.06 Our Trip To Ottawa
- 2016.05.24 Our First Trip of the Season
- 2016.05.13 Our Anniversary weekend
- 2016.04.09 Mom Meeting Her Great Grandchild
- 2016.04.07 Vybe Associate Dinner
- 2016.03.30 D'Arcy Joins Other Band
- 2016.03.27 Easter Weekend
- 2016.02.28 A tribute to Lee Van Leer
- 2016.02.02 Welcoming Royce to the Planet
- 2016.01.28 Cain Gang Christmas Dinner
- 2016.01.24 The Lee Van Leer open jam
- 2016.01.23 Lee Van Leer - 1943 to 2016
- 2016.01.11 Mary Garden's Drop In
- 2016.01.09 General Meeting for OCC
- 2016.01.01 Recap of 2015
- 2015.12.19 Goodbye Uncle Leonard
- 2015.12.19 Beaches Blues Fest Christmas Bash
- 2015.12.16 Pat Visits the Cains
- 2015.12.13 Monica's Christmas Drop In
- 2015.11.28 Living With a Musician
- 2015.11.22 An Evening Of Music
- 2015.11.15 A Visit With Pat and Howard
- 2015.11.03 Winterizing Our fifth Wheel
- 2015.10.31 Beaches Blues Fest Halloween Bash
- 2015.10.17 Mike Nagoda at The Brooklynn
- 2015.10.15 Mike Nagoda at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.10.07 First Vybe.Meet
- 2015.09.26 My Adventures With Cats and Dogs
- 2015.09.19 Visiting Charlene and Bryan
- 2015.09.03 Camping in St-Philippe
- 2015.08.29 Bootleggers at Toronto Island Marina
- 2015.08.27 Mike Nagoda returns to Lou Dawgs
- 2015.08.17 Emptying Our House
- 2015.08.14 Mike Nagoda's Demo Recording
- 2015.08.09 The Bootleggers Play The Tennessee
- 2015.08.05 Upgrading Our Ram 1500
- 2015.07.28 Our visit with Pat and Bryan
- 2015.07.25 Mike Nagoda At London Pride
- 2015.07.21 The Spectrum Blues Band at the Local
- 2015.07.09 The Spectrum Blues Band at Lou Dawgs
- 2015.07.04 Frank's Birthday
- 2015.06.29 Canada Day Camping
- 2015.06.20 Bootlegger Band at the Toronto Islands
- 2015.06.07 Fun In Tennessee
- 2015.06.06 Trip to the Toronto Islands
- 2015.05.31 The Bootlegger Band start playing
- 2015.05.23 D'Arcy Joins The Bootlegger Band
- 2015.05.13 Our Wedding Anniversary
- 2015.05.01 George Pliakes at Harbour Club Lounge
- 2015.04.22 Celebrating with Bridget Taylor
- 2015.03.14 Beaches Blues Fest Saint Patrick's
- 2015.03.04 Scott Cushnie plays at Leslie Jones
- 2015.02.15 Cain's Cold Night
- 2015.02.12 Vex Staff Dinner
- 2015.01.31 Norma Finishes Desert Half Marathon
- 2015.01.13 My Last Visit To Sunnybrook
- 2015.01.11 Mary Garden's Drop-In
- 2015.01.03 OCC Meeting
- 2015.01.01 The Merging of Two Companies
- 2015.01.01 Recap of 2014
2016.06.06 Our Trip To Ottawa
Last updated: None
It is the Fiftieth Anniversary of Poplar Grove Camp/RV Park from 1966 to 2016.
Tuesday D'Arcy had a conference call with one of Vybe's clients in his newly decorated office in the big room with the blue and white ceiling. It's so funny watching him walk through the park with his cellphone glued to his ear. It's quite a sight to see in his office attire.
I worked in the same office to put pictures up and start my journal in my PJ's.
D'Arcy put the awning up on our trailer. Tip - if it is raining: D'Arcy puts one side of the awning higher then the other side so the rain would roll off one side instead of in front.
D'Arcy used the stand that his sister Monica gave him for his tablet. It works great. His tablet stands on his desk which resembles a picnic table.
We went to see my brother Robert and his lovely wife Laura at their beautiful home in Kanata for a yummy supper of taco's and all the fillings and for desert Sugar or Apple pie with ice cream, tea and coffee and and the occasional glass of wine. Jonathon joined us at the table and their two lovable dogs Chelsea and Ella were not far. Maybe their thought was to pick up any scraps of food that we happen to drop. We had plenty of stimulating conversation.
After a great visit we drove to our camp site to get D'Arcy's instruments then off to The Newfoundland Pub on Montreal Road to listen to some great music hosted by a dear friend of ours Reif Spano. Everyone was glad to see us. Right away D'Arcy played with Reif. As we left Reif said that we don't come down enough. Reif is in the brown t-shirt.
The jam finished at midnight. All the Ottawa jams seen to finish early.
As usual I took pictures and I collected another email because this person wants pictures. I already emailed them to him.
Wednesday was a day day we got up early. D'Arcy answered emails and helped clients then the master chef made omelettes. We went swimming in the indoor pool at Poplar Grove. We had the pool all to ourselves. Then back to the trailer for home made Chili. This time D'Arcy doesn't have to rough it because I remembered his hot sauce. We thought we would try a new jam Reif told D'Arcy about at Sonny's Bar and Grill hosted by Reif's friend's on Baxter Road which ended at 1:00
Thursday we had a quick breakfast of raisin toast then we met more of our neighbours as more RV's entered the camp grounds and others left. One of our neighbours backed up his RV on the wrong side of the hookups so he was surprised when there was no power. He had to turn around and go in on the right side. That was entertaining to see as we were eating our dinner.
We went to go grocery shopping then came back and made a salad. Then off to another jam hosted by our friend Reif Spano at The Neighbourhood Pub situated on Baseline Road, There was a thirteen year old boy playing in Reif's band. His name was Lee. He did an excellent job on his guitar. His dad Ray gave me their email so I can email them the pictures. So did Natalie the lady that sang. Lee's Dad is in the black and white T-shirt playing the black bass and Natalie has a black and white skirt. The jam finished around 11.
While we were in Ottawa they had a huge sinkhole right outside the Rideau Centre. The locksmith whose van slipped into the sinkhole Wednesday says the vehicle — and everything inside it — is down there to stay. The sinkhole formed about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, at a light rail construction site next to the Rideau Centre just two blocks east of the Château Laurier Hotel.
Now we come to Friday We had some cereal then off to the laundry room in the camp grounds. D'Arcy drove me because it was too far for me to walk. I told D'Arcy I hope I still remember how to do laundry since I am not allowed down in the basement to do it since I came home from Sunnybrook on November 20, 2013. It all came back. I did the laundry while D'Arcy picked up my reading glasses that we had left at Hakim. They must have felt sorry for me because we brought my glasses in an old glass case and when D'Arcy brought them back to me I had a new glass case with "Sir Karin Hakimi Signature Series" written on it. D'Arcy picked me and the laundry up dropped me at the trailer. He then left for BSDCan, a technical conference that he came down for.
I put the clothes away then I went slowly around the campgrounds and took pictures. I put the pictures of the day on the computer. D'Arcy phoned and said he was on his way home.
Sunday D'Arcy made his famous bacon and eggs with toast. We made a reservation for the camp ground near Montreal.
This weekend we were glad we were not tenting because of the weather. It was cold and we had some rain.
Yes, we do have the nerve to call this camping! Like we camp in a 30 ft. trailer. with kitchen, front room, bathroom shower and bath, and a queen size bed.
We had a great time in Ottawa now on to Montreal. Can't wait to get back on the road for more adventures. We had a great time!